Wednesday 14 November 2012

The blanket show

When we were kids our dad would often say, "Come on kid's lets all go to the blanket show".

That meant bedtime.

How many children actually like going to bed; especially when you aren't sleepy, so it was always a bit of fun calling bedtime, "the blanket show".

I cannot remember how many times we often believed we were going somewhere special.

Seriouly sometimes it caught us off guard and we thought we were going to a circus or a carnival. Late at night though? Not sure how that works but the minds of children are wonderous things.

There is something extra special about a warm snuggley blanket when you are feeling poorly or cold or it's winter and you want to snuggle up and keep warm.

We all have our favourite blankets and this here is one of mine.


This is my new just finished crocheted tartan bed cover, it is a combination of crochet and weaving.

I accidentally misread the pattern instructions after having an absence of crocheting for approx five years and not being a big crocheter to start with, but I think that may have changed now as I truly loved making this rug.




This gorgeous bed cover was meant to be a knee rug. Oop's!



It was a mammoth task and took me three weeks of crocheting every night after dinner to accomplish. All I can say is yay for no tv; four years next month of tv abstinence. What a blessing that has turned out to be!




Being a dressmaker and lover of all things fabric this was something new and exciting for me and just what the dr ordered, I love trying new things and I love and welcome change.

I even went and got myself a new haircut to celebrate my accomplishment and welcome in summer.

 
Oh and another thing before I go, look how fabulous my new hanging space is in our bedroom. We have been living for four years with el'cheapo portable hangers and now my husband made us this.
 
 
I feel like a new woman.
 
A new haircut.
A new bedcover
and now a
A new hanging space.
 
Whats new in your life, I hope it something special.
 

1 comment:

  1. That wardrobe is Fab-u-lous! Well done Mr Sandra ;)
    Love your new look and your blankets are gorgeous :) xx

    ReplyDelete